Given the different products you have as well as the skills in house, describe the technologies you have.
Understanding current technologies provides me with a frame of reference for what you are comfortable with and how the organization sees the world.
- What technology do you use?
- What are the skill sets of the employees you have?
- Why was the technology picked?
- What does the architecture look like?
- What does the technology road map look like?
Technology decisions and biases add constraints to the design solutions available. Sometimes the past technology choices get in the way of understanding the options within the new technologies chosen. Understanding these constraints allows me to adjust the solution or challenge the assumptions being made.
Copyright 2015 Frictionless Design LLC